Change of Information

The Office of the Registrar at Emory University maintains academic records for all current and former Emory students. We are committed to protecting the confidentiality of student academic records, adhering to a policy of compliance with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA). Below you will find quick links to record related services.

For inquiries regarding your Emory email or NETID, please contact the Emory Help Desk at:  or 404-727-7777

The student's full name is entered from the application for admission. (Nicknames are not allowed.) Name changes should be directed to the Office of the Registrar and will only be recorded when there is sufficient evidence supporting the change.

Students may enter a preferred first name through Emory University's Student Information System (OPUS) regardless of whether or not they have legally changed their name.

Students can change their mailing address or phone number through OPUS, Online Pathway to University Students.

Students can change their home address or home phone number through OPUS, Online Pathway to University Students.

Billing statements are created for preterm billing approximately five weeks before the start date of each term.

Parent Address and Phone Number

Students can change their parent information in a few ways.

Learn How

A student must bring their original social security card to the Office of the Registrar. Changes cannot be made from a copy of the SSN card or any other document showing the SSN.

Emory University adheres to a policy of compliance with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act.

ITINs are issued to individuals who are required to have a U.S. taxpayer identification number, but who are not eligible to obtain a Social Security Number from the Social Security Administration.

A United States naturalized citizen is a person who is granted citizenship after fulfilling the requirements established by Congress in the Immigration and Nationality Act.

Emory Mail Services provides mail and package services at Main Campus Mail Center at Few Hall, Clairmont Campus Mail Center and Whatcoat Street Building adjacent to the Oxford College Campus.

Residence hall room and residence hall phone number are assigned and maintained by Residential Services.

A student's official academic record reflects the gender the student identified as at the time they applied to Emory University.

Emory University is a recipient of federal dollars and is required by the federal government to solicit certain demographic information to meet federal reporting requirements.