Course Catalog refers to the listing of courses that are in the Office of the Registrar’s database, regardless of whether or not they are active, inactive, or offered in a particular semester.
- Classes are offered based on the active courses on the Course Catalog.
- Every new course, change in a course, or inactivation of a course, must be previously approved by the Dean/Department and Curriculum Committee, or the appropriate governing body of the school in which the course resides.
- All schools of Emory University, except Emory College of Arts and Sciences, have to complete the “Request to Add/Change/Inactivate a Course” form. The form must be completed entirely and correctly, and submitted electronically.
- The “Course Submission Guide” offers a detailed description of the key elements of a course, to ensure the submission is complete and correct.
- Course Catalog Policy
- Course Versus Class Guide
After a new course, or a change in a course is approved and submitted, please allow the Registrar’s Office at least 15 business days to process the request. After the request is processed, the class can then be scheduled.