Scheduling and Scoring
We are located on the first floor of the B. Jones building, in the University Registrar’s Office. The address is 100 B. Jones Center, 200 Dowman Drive, and we are open from 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday. However, we generally do not begin scanning after 4 p.m.
We offer two scheduling options to meet your needs:
When you need your results within 24 hours or less
Please make an appointment at least one business day in advance through the online scheduling portal, via email at email@example.com, or by calling 404-727-7780. Starting September 2017, Calendly will be used for online scheduling; confirmations will be sent via Calendly, regardless of how you set up your appointment. Please feel welcome to view our T&E-specific Calendly tutorial!
Important notes about appointments:
- Please arrive within 20 minutes of your scheduled appointment
- One appointment reserves time for scanning and reporting for one class. If you need additional class’s exams or surveys scanned, please make additional appointments.
- Please note that you are welcome to print the confirmation email you received from Calendly and use it as a cover sheet. However, if you do not use Calendly confirmation email, you will need to fill out one of our standard intake forms; blank, hardcopy cover sheets are available at the front desk.
When 48 hours is an acceptable turnaround time, please feel welcome to walk in anytime during normal business hours (M-F 8:30-4:30)! We dedicate time for processing drop offs each day, but please note that this is first come, first served and we usually get several drop offs each day. We will always return your results as soon as possible, but please allow 48 hours to ensure you receive quality results.
Once your exams or surveys have been processed, we will email your results via firstname.lastname@example.org. As you will see on your cover sheet, you have options in regards to what we do with your hardcopy sheets:
- If you select “no” to confidential recycling, then your Scantrons will be held for pick up filed by instructor last name for four weeks. They can be picked up anytime M-F 8:30-4:30 (no appointment needed!). Please note that due to FERPA regulations, student answer sheets can only be released to an instructor of record or department administrators.
- You can “opt in” to confidential recycling by initialing “yes” in the appropriate place on your cover sheet. They will then be recycled at COB the Monday following your scanning.
- Please note that during processing, we save back up images of each and every Scantron answer sheet on two separate hard drives. This way, if a student ever feels their grade misrepresents their actual answers, we can look back on the original Scantron image. We keep these through the following semester and are more than happy to share individual sheets with you upon request, either via Emory Box or via email. Even better, we can upload ALL the e-copies to Emory Box for you upon request on your cover sheet or via Calendly.